The Gap-Flex® System provides a comfortable and less painful method to improve patient recovery using a brilliantly simple platform: gravity.
Gap-Flex System has been used successfully on hundreds of patients, all with positive outcomes. For early adopters, the Gap-Flex System has replaced CPM as standard of care for total knee replacements.
Improved clinical outcomes; improved patient compliance; and improved economic outcomes. It’s clear that the new treatment of choice for total knee replacements is Gap-Flex.
Patients simply drape their knee over the Gap-Flex for 6 minutes, walk for 2 minutes and use the Gap-Flex Extender for 10 minutes and repeat the therapy 6 times a day. Patients are consistently more compliant with the therapy, and report faster recovery.
The Gap-Flex is a comfortable and convenient therapy to improve recovery from total knee replacement.
- Patients experience faster return to full mobility following total knee replacement
- Full range of motion recovered in most patients
- Small size of unit makes it easy to transport from hospital and to store and use in the home
- Shorter per session therapy times compared to CPM
- Patient compliance is optimized through ease of use and convenience
- Used safely in both the hospital and home
- Most importantly – BETTER PATIENT OUTCOMES.
recovery from such an extensive surgery. After 21 days of
in-home physical therapy, two hours per day, my flexion
was 84 degrees. With the Gap-Flex unit, 8 treatments,
6 minutes each, my flexion increased 42 degrees [126
degrees total].” – Male age 76
two months without the device. The pain and stiffness is
probably only a third of what I had to deal with on the first
go round.” – Female age 72
Clinical indications and precautions
- Class 1 medical device requiring registration only
- No contraindications to date
- Used in place of CPM in hospital or at home
- The product has been safely and effectively used by 300 patients
Click on the links below to learn more about Gap-Flex.
Clinical Guidelines PDF